Thursday, January 20, 2011

Introduction

I suppose I ought to provide some back story. It's relatively simple. Today was terrible. As I drove home earlier this evening, I was practically seething and for some reason, I thought of something that someone once told me about being angry at the world. I forgot the exact content of what she said but the end result was a recommendation that when you feel like crap, doing something nice for someone is generally a good way of putting you back into a better mood. With that in mind, I decided to create this blog so I could write nice things about people in my life and why they are awesome.

I've always thought that we don't tell people how much they mean to us as often as we should. I guess there's a sort of implicit understanding that the mere fact that we are friends signifies that there is something about you that I value. Generally, we are more inclined to vocalize the things about other people that irk or bother us rather than vocalize the things about them that we like. Personally, I think that's kind of arse backwards but what do I know? Still, I think perhaps it's worth taking the time, every so often (and especially if I am, for some arbitrary reason, angry at the world) to write about the best in others. Hopefully, I can gain some perspective in doing this and hopefully, you will see in yourself all the wonderful things I see in you.

No comments: